Save a copy of your conversations through the Conversation Export feature. This feature is available in the iOS and Android apps.
How to Export Conversations from the App
- In your Chats tab, tap into your desired conversation
- Tap on the conversation title at the top of the page
- Tap the 3 dots in the upper right corner
- Tap "Export conversation"
- Enter the email address you'd like the conversation sent to
- Tap "Export", and a copy of the conversation will be sent to you as a CSV file from
firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don't see it in your inbox, check your spam folder.
Organization Admins can export most conversations, including the Everyone chat and Group chats. Non-admins can export conversations that are not owned by the organization (ie. the organization name is not listed at the top of an open conversation).
How to Export Past Conversations from the App
To export past conversations, including conversations with former coworkers who are no longer members of the organization:
- Go to the "Chats" tab in the app
- Tap your profile bubble in the upper-left corner of the screen
- Tap "Settings"
- Tap "Export Past Conversations"
- Tap to select each conversation you'd like to export
- Tap the export icon in the top right corner of the screen
Note that only eligible conversations will appear in the "Export Past Conversations" list.