Crew integrates with RTIconnect by Xenial. If you use RTIconnect for creating and managing your team’s schedule, you can automatically sync that schedule to Crew. Note This is a one-way integration from RTIconnect to Crew. Adding, editing or removing shifts from Crew will not be reflected in WF Dimensions.
Take advantage of RTIconnect’s robust scheduling and time-and-attendance functionality, while using Crew as your communications hub to keep everyone on the same page.
This integration is available to organizations using Crew Enterprise for a fee. Please contact your customer success manager or email@example.com for more information. Once your Crew Enterprise account has been setup for access to the RTIconnect integration, the following steps will be used to enable the integration:
Step #1: Enable an RTIconnect Export to a Box Sync Folder
- Box.com Account
- You will receive an invite from Crew to join a Box folder that will be used to sync RTIconnect data to the cloud
- Note: If you do not already have a Box account, you will need to create one
- Box Sync Setup
- You will need to have a computer that is running RTIconnect
- On that local computer, you will install the Box Sync client (e.g. Box Drive for Windows)
- Once downloaded, you will need to sign into your Box account
- RTIconnnect Export
- On that same local computer, RTIconnect will set up a data export task that automatically exports data from RTIconnect to the Box folder
- Files saved to that Box folder will automatically sync to the cloud so that Crew can ingest the scheduling and rostering data
Step #2: Reconciling Location and User Data
Once the data sync is enabled, you will be asked to map all locations from RTIconnect to the corresponding organizations within Crew from the ‘Need Action’ tab in Command Center. This ensures that the right schedule data from RTIconnect syncs to the right teams within Crew.
Once you’ve successfully connected to your RTIconnect account and the syncing process has completed, you’ll see your team’s schedule automatically appear in the Team view on the Calendar tab. Clicking on a specific shift will provide more detail about that shift.
Troubleshooting and Other Info
If you experience any issues enabling the integration, the following information may help in resolving them. If you’re still experiencing difficulty please contact Crew Support within the Crew app, or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- RTIconnect team members not in your Crew organization: If there are members of your team that don’t have a valid phone number in RTIconnect, you’ll be prompted to invite those users or to resolve those users in the Alerts entry of the Crew organization to which they belong.
- Information updating from RTIconnect to Crew: Information will be synced from RTIconnect to Crew when the integration is first installed. After that, information will be synced at regular intervals. Therefore, there may be up to a 2 hour delay from when a new employee, new shift, or schedule change in RTIconnect is reflected in Crew.